About School of Humanities
School of Humanities was established in the year 1997 to meet the growing demand for professionals in the wake of globalization. At present School of Humanities is located in Campus 3, Kathajodi Campus. The School offers course in three areas – English, Economics and Management for the technical curriculum. It also offers Ph. D. Programme in English, and Economics. The School conducts Bridge Courses for the international students taking admission in KIIT. Foreign students have been awarded Ph. D. degree and are also pursuing Ph. D. in the School. Besides teaching and research, faculty members of the School, act as mentors in helping the 1st year students to get accustomed with the new environment, extending all sorts of guidance. In order to enrich the research platform of the School, faculty members organize International Conferences on contemporary issues. The School conducts Faculty Development Programmes on recent developments in academic and professional domains. School of Humanities also extends help to other wings like Placement Cell, Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) & Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS).
To transform young students into sensible citizens and effective professionals, focusing on the development of personality by way of generation and dissemination of knowledge and skill.
- Imparting quality education of global standard using a practical, competitive and relevant curriculum.
- Offering different courses suited to industry needs and intended to enhance the soft skills and employability of the students.
- Developing students’ capacity for critical and independent thinking, creative skills and understanding of cross-cultural viewpoints.
- Inspiring in students a sense of social responsibility and ethical practice in professional life.
- Enabling students to adapt to emerging trends in economics, management and communication by increasing both problem-solving and participatory competence.
- Inculcating leadership and entrepreneurship qualities in students from a global perspective.
- Conducting short term-programs, FDPs, seminars, webinars and lecture series as continuous academic activity.
- Strengthening research activity within the university and beyond by encouraging interdisciplinary enquiry and collaboration.
- Establishing and encouraging close interaction with stakeholders like industries and other reputed educational institutions.
- Promoting a dynamic academic environment synchronized to the contemporary sociocultural context.